Assessment publishing refers to the way your assessment is made available to respondents. The way your assessment is published is set when you are creating your assessment. When creating your assessment you are asked the question "How will candidates or participants access the assessment?". For more details on creating assessment please see Creating Assessments in the Help.
You can change the way your assessments are published by going to:
Edit Assessment -> Assessment Settings -> Publish Settings.
After results exist for an assessment you cannot change the way the assessment is published.
There are 3 ways your assessment can be published.
Public or Restricted
Your respondents come to our site with a general assessment ID. This ID is unique to your assessment and users can enter it on our site after clicking the Take Assessment button or link. You have the option of adding a general password for the assessment (this password is the same for all users). When a password is added the assessment access is restricted.
Alternatively you can a use a public link that respondents can click on to access the assessment. This link is unique to your assessment. This can be included on your web site or a social network site such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
- Key Features of Public Assessments
- Public assessment are linked by a URL or users can come to this site to take the assessment.
- If uses come to the site to take the assessment they use a unique assessment ID.
- You can provide optional password which is the same for all users who access the assessment (restricted assessment).
Send an email invite. This email is sent to a list of invited people. In the email a there is a link that is clicked to access the assessment.
- Key Features of Private Email Assessments
- Each user is sent an email invite to take the assessment with a unique link.
- You can set how many times a person can retake the assessment using the link.
- By default assessment can only be taken once, unless you allow multiple retakes.
- Can be paused and resumed.
Your respondents come to our site our site with a general assessment ID. This ID is unique to your assessment and users can enter it on our site after clicking the Take Assessment button or link. Additionally each person has a unique password, ID or email address which can be used to access the assessment. With private password access you can set the amount of times the assessment can be re-taken. Private password assessments can also be paused and resumed
- Key Features of Private Password Assessments
- Users must come to our site to take the assessment with a general assessment ID.
- In addition each user has a unique ID or password that he/she uses to take the assessment. Any unique ID can be used for example email address, employee ID, student number etc
- You can set how many times a person can retake the assessment using the unique ID or password.
- By default retakes are not limited, but you can restrict retakes.
- Can be paused and resumed.